ALL photographers must obtain a permit if they wish to use Hawthorn Hollow’s setting as the background for formal or posed photography and/or video.
This category includes weddings, family, portraits, graduations, engagements, or similar.
Permit Fee: If you wish to obtain a permit, the photographer/ videographer must contact Hawthorn Hollow to make a reservation for the date and time. The permit fee for two hours is $75.00 and will be due at the time of your arrival, and can be paid at the Visitors Center with cash or a check.
General Photography and Video Guidelines; To ensure a positive experience for you, while maintaining a pleasant experience for our many visitors, please be aware of our Nature Sanctuary Etiquette and the guidelines that follow.
Please be courteous and do not block pathways or other access areas in any way. Remember that Hawthorn Hollow is a public place where visitors are welcome in all public areas, and that regular business continues during normal operating hours.
- Please do not enter flowerbeds, plant displays, or mulched areas. Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages or food may be brought into Hawthorn Hollow.
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant labels, or containers
- Please use designated parking lot for all vehicles.
We encourage you to visit Hawthorn Hollow in advance at your leisure to scout locations for your photography or video session.
- Those celebrating wedding ceremonies at Hawthorn Hollow are welcome to take photographs or video during their rental time with no additional fee.
- Media photography, commercial photography, video and film shoots must be arranged at least one week in advance of the shoot. Please contact us for further information on policies and fees.
Hawthorn Hollow reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or video and/or to change its photo policy without advance notice.