Historic Buildings

With the help of outside contributions, three historic buildings were moved to the property in 1967.

The First Pike River School (1847)

The 1847 Pike River Schoolhouse was originally located one half mile north of where it stands now, through the woods on an east-west road, and used until 1906.

The Original Somers Town Hall (1859)

The first Town of Pike hall meeting was held May 1, 1843; the first annual meeting April 2, 1844, and the second annual meeting April 1, 1845.

The Second Pike River School (1906)

1905-1906, the new school is built, probably by Ben F. Yule, though no records show how the school was built. Some of Yule’s homes still stand in Somers.